You are here
Chief Accountant (m/f)
International, consumer goods company based in Warsaw.
Highly experienced Chief Accountant with fluent English and managerial skills.
About Our Client
Our Client is a company belonging to international group that is a leader in consumer goods sector. Currently we are seeking to recruit a highly qualified individual on the position of Chief Accountant. A successful candidate will be responsible for local execution of accounting and financial system of the Group including compliance with policies and procedures, local and US GAAP, IFRS, and other standards, as well as the global consolidated reporting.
- Manage day-to-day financial accounting operations and the finance team.
- Manage all budgeting, controlling, and reporting processes.
- Responsible for payroll accounting, and labor cost planning/controlling
- Manage bank relations in line with guidelines/policies
- Prepare and review P&L and balance sheet financial statements, including trend and variance analyses
- Ensure proper accounting in compliance with local and US GAAP, IFRS, and company policies.
- Ensure that all necessary internal controls are developed, included in policies and procedures, and performed properly
- Close cooperation with internal and external auditors to ensure compliance with all relevant accounting regulations and that all regulatory (financial and tax) filings are accurate, including legal entity and tax reporting
- Partner with the management team to ensure appropriate understanding of contracts and ensure revenue recognition is in compliance with local and US GAAP, IFRS, and company policies.
- Communicate financial performance and forecasts on a regular basis and provide financial analysis on ad-hoc projects as requested by the management
- Proactively inform the local Management Board and the Group representatives about issues/concerns regarding financial and/or operational matters.
The Successful Applicant
- University degree in Accounting/Finance required; MBA highly preferred
- At least 3 years of experience in financial leadership functions within a multi-national, multi-cultural corporation.
- Experience in SAP.
- In-depth understanding of IFRS, local and US GAAP
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Good personal skills, including social competency as well as strong cross-functional communication and leadership skills
- Flexible and able to work in a dynamic environment
- High energy and to be engaged both inside and outside of normal business hours
What's on Offer
- Great opportunity to work for a recognised brand name
- Benefits package
- Attractive salary