You are here
Paint Shop Engineer (m/f)
Experienced engineer in a process of painting plastic parts
Fast growing automotive company
About Our Client
Our customer is a dynamically developing company of Automotive sector. Due to their rapid growth, we are now searching an experienced professional to join the organization.
A person hired on this position will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that paint processes are maintained and running effectively
- Problem-solving (analyzing data, determining root causes, developing implementation plans) and resolving issues which are affecting paint shop quality or throughput
- Supporting implementation of new processes and equipment
- Communicating between shifts and departments to implement best practices, resolving problems, and sustaining consistent performance to objectives
- Maintaining process documentation
- Proactively identifying and pursuing opportunities to improve operations by reducing costs, reducing energy usage, improve quality, etc.
- Supporting safety of the shop and of operators
- Interfacing with production/maintenance personnel, plant leadership and others outside the plant (Manufacturing Engineering, suppliers, etc.) as needed to resolve issues, implement improvements and communicate status and opportunities, etc.
- Establishing a course of action to accomplish completion of the job and/or project
- Proposing and evaluating manufacturing processes and equipment for assigned areas.
- Directing the design, developing and/or improving of manufacturing processes and equipment for assigned areas
The Successful Applicant
- University degree with Engineering or Technical degree preferred, equivalent automotive engineering experience may be considered
- Minimum of 5 years paint engineering experience in a production company
- Familiar with automation/robotics for paint sprayers
- High interpersonal skills and a good team player
- High level of analytical ability, oral and written communications skills
- Knowledge of industrial paint systems
- Proven ability to work in a team environment - as an active team member, group facilitator and a leader
- Problem solving skills. Computer competence in windows spreadsheet, work, excel, database
- Desirable - Robot path programming knowledge and experience; working knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics and electrical controls
What's on Offer
The company offers:
- Very interesting projects in the latest painting technology
- New, dynamically developing organization and good work environment
- Opportunity to co-create standards and gain unique professional experiences