Controlling Director EMEA
Global organization undergoing a transformation to new operating model
Overall controllership of the EMEA business operations
O naszym kliencie
Our client is an international market leader in their market segment. They are a dynamic, agile organization currently undergoing a global transformation with the intention of moving their operations to a more mature and optimized delivery model.
This role is responsible for the overall controllership of the EMEA business operations. This includes managing the financial close process, managing the relationship, budgets and service level of external service providers (external auditors, outsourced accounting service firms), managing the service levels to FP&A and within the accounting function, and leading new business projects, acquisition integrations and process improvements with the support and input of regional finance, business, corporate tax and treasury.Finance, Accounting or Business management, with strong background in financial accounting, management accounts, or MBAUnderstand and support the EMEA business operations and activities, to effectively identify and communicate complex accounting analysis and decisions to FP&A and business teams.
- Develop strong working relationships with the EMEA CFO and FP&A teams. Be the central / key connection point between business and accounting and facilitate information requirements and process efficiency
- Interface with accounting shared service functions andproactivity manage service level agreements
- Manage day to day relationship, budget and service levels with outsourced accounting firms and external auditors across range of service requirements
- Manage preparation and delivery of quality, accurate statutory accounts across the EMEA region
- Interface with tax and treasury to address business requirements and statutory reporting compliance matters
- Lead a team of local Controllers in otherEMEA locations including UK, Germany, Italy, Nordics, Poland and others
- Support the Chief Accountant and accounting leadership team in developing the medium- and long-term vision for the Accounting function in EMEA
- Finance, Accounting or Business management, with strong background in financial accounting, management accounts, or MBA
- ACCA, CIMA or equivalent financial qualification
- Qualified accountant at least 10 years post qualified and minimum 10 years' experience in financial accounting with strong knowledge IFRS
- Strong understanding of a range of financial systems, including SAP, and experience in system implementation and conversion projects
- Strong leadership skills and business acumen
- Experience working with Regional CFOs and delivering exceptional customer service
- Experience working in multi-national corporations and a global accounting organization
- Strong finance technical and analytical skills, broad tax and treasury knowledge, and project management experience across a range of financial projects
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and critical thinking to solve complex and unstructured business and accounting problems
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, meet stringent deadlines, lead and drive projects, and work under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Clear communicator, professional oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, able to manage relationships effectively within the accounting team, internal customers, outsourced service providers
- Strong staff management, coaching and leadership traits, and demonstrated ability to manage remote teams
- Team player with consensus driven style, demonstrably able to influence a wide constituency.
- A superior work ethic and a dedication to the highest work quality and job excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to a culture of excellence, integrity and accountability and able to function in a changing environment.
- Willingness to travel
- Fluency in English and in Polish
- Develop within a market-leading organization
- Competitive package and benefits