Data Protection Officer (m/f) - Bratislava
Become DPO on Group level for leading diagnostics company!
International market leader headquartered in Geneva.
O naszym kliencie
Our client is a privately-backed medical diagnostics business that aspires to be at the heart and start of all effective treatment decisions. Headquarted in Geneva Unilabs is positioned as a leading diagnostics company with one of the broadest geographic footprints in Europe with operations in 14 countries (12 in Europe, 1 in Latin America, 1 in the Middle East) employing more over 10.500 employees and over 1000 medical doctors in 1157 collection centers, 92 imaging centers and 230 clinical laboratories.
Unilabs operates a comprehensive portfolio of diagnostic services, serving public and private healthcare providers; county councils, the general public, insurance companies, the pharmaceutical industry and Contract Research Organizations. Their comprehensive portfolio of diagnostic services includes laboratory medicine, medical imaging, histopathology, reproductive medicine and drug development services.
Historically, the company has been characterized by a strong focus on fast growth. Driving a successful M&A strategy in a highly fragmented European laboratory market by acquiring smaller and medium-sized laboratories is critical to the future strategy of Unilabs.
We are searching for a Data Protection Officer (m/f) on Group level, who is responsible for overseeing data protection strategy and implementation to ensure compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and national data protection laws. The Data Protection Officer (m/f) can be located in an EU country with Unilabs subsidiary.
- Inform and advise Unilabs organisation and employees of their obligations pursuant to the GDPR and other national data protection requirements.
- Participate in relevant working groups.
- Audit and monitor compliance with the GDPR and other national data protection law.
- Audit and monitor compliance with the organisations' policies and procedures in relation to the protection of personal data.
- Cooperate and act as the contact point with national data protection authorities.
- Monitor and maintain records of all data processing activities conducted by the organisation.
- Provide guidance on risk assessments, countermeasures and data protection impact assessments.
- Review the organisation's data protection agreements and contracts with data processors.
- Develop and execute relevant data protection compliance projects.
- Monitor performance of data processing in accordance with data protection impact assessments and provided advise.
- Train staff involved in data processing and foster data protection culture.
- Inform individuals whose personal data are processed by the organisation, and interact with them in the context of exercising their individuals' rights.
- Coordinate data breach response and notification procedures.
- Provide updates on data protection compliance status to the Unilabs Management Team.
- Define and implement data protection governance within the Unilabs Group.
- Expertise in national and European data protection laws and practices and in-depth understanding of the GDPR.
- CIPP/E certification preferred.
- English fluency, at least one other EU language fluency.
- Significant experience (at least 5 years) in a combination of privacy management, risk management and information security management.
- Legal, compliance, IT security or audit background.
- Understanding of complex data processing operations, including information systems and data security.
- Experience in managing data incidents and breaches.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with all internal staff, in different business functions and at all levels including senior management, as well as with outside authorities.
- Ability to deal successfully with different cultures in an international environment.
- Ability to conduct the role independently and with integrity and high professional ethics.
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise tasks and projects.
- Knowledge of the medical diagnostics business sector would be a plus.
- Open for high travel volume.
Our client offers a competitive remuneration package depending on qualifications and experience.