Updated on 10/02/2022
- One of the leading international multi-format retail organizations
- Leading the global indirect procurement team
About Our Client
One of the leading international multi-format retail organisations.
- Set clear objectives for the indirect procurement team that deliver the company objectives. Provide support and direction for the individual Buyers and provide training and encouragement to develop their skills. Communicate the Strategic vision for indirect across the business and continuously look for areas of improvement.
- Executive engagement. Provide regular updates to the executive leadership team on saving opportunities and give commercial guidance on any indirect related activities.
- Procurement Expertise. Be the Indirect Procurement Subject Matter Expert across all aspects of the business offering guidance and direction on best practice.
- Stakeholder management. Work closely with the Executive department Heads and their leadership teams to understand business objectives and support the Senior Category Buying Managers in providing commercial ownership and strategy.
- Budget management. Understand and support the creation of the Category budgets and work closely with the Finance business partner to highlight opportunities to save money and attain greater value.
- Category management. Demonstrate a high level of understanding of the categories (IT, Marketing, Property, Distribution and Stores & HO.) and support the Senior Category Buying managers development of annual category management plans. This should include insights into Industry trends, market innovations and competitor activity.
- Take the lead in negotiating major contract renewals and running tenders via RFP tools that deliver savings and additional value. Support the Senior Category buying managers in negotiations and act as a First level escalation for both problem resolution and deal closing.
- Contract management. Ensure all indirect teams are using the contract lifecycle management tool and are supporting stakeholders and company legal team.
- Supplier management. Support the Senior Category buying managers in the selection of New suppliers and the ongoing relationship management of existing strategic suppliers. Support the Executive leadership team with commercial direction in the management of Strategic suppliers and their senior executives. Be the First level of commercial engagement with supplier executives.
- Supplier risk. Ensure indirect teams perform regular risk assessments of key suppliers to ensure business critical services are delivered on time and to budget. Provide insights into alternative suppliers and maintain an ongoing relationship to ensure the ability to switch if needed.
- Supplier benchmarking. Ensure indirect teams perform regular reviews of the marketplace and competitor activities to support benchmarking of Client's suppliers to ensure good value is always delivered.
- Use communication to influence Stakeholders and suppliers to support the company objectives of achieving Better goods and Services that are Simpler to use at Cheaper cost for the organisation.
- Delivery of Savings and reporting. Ensure saving targets are understood by the indirect team and that they deliver Capex and Opex savings against budget that are sustainable and measurable.
- Financial awareness. Understand the financial implications of the strategic supplier's business plans and credit status to mitigate any risks.
- Drive excellence, culture of lean, and world-class global best practices across the organisation.
The Successful Applicant
- 12+ years of experience within the Procurement function ideally in a leadership role
- High-level academic background / Member of Procurement bodies such as the Chartered Institute of Procurement specialists (CIPS) or other Industry associations
- Experience of best practice procurement strategies and the use of associated procurement tools. Procurement Category management experience
- Expertise in at least 2 of the following areas of procurement: IT, Professional services, Marketing, Property, Supply chain and Distribution
- Experience of Fast paced businesses within FMCG or Retail Industries
- Full understanding of property supplier landscape
- Industry knowledge of suppliers: Market leaders and Innovators / Disrupters
- Openness to innovation and ability to deal with change particularly when dealing with New technologies.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to present data and strategies in a simple and meaningful way to support decision making
- Provide leadership to the procurement team to ensure that established procedures are followed
- Strong business acumen and commercial approach
- Strong inter-personnel skills with a focus on active listening
- Supplier relationship management
- Fluent level of English
What's on Offer
- The possibility of career development among one of the leading international multi-format retail organisations
- International working environment and unique company culture with emphasis on individual career growth
- Full time employment contract with salary corresponding to qualifications
- Benefits package