Head of Data Protection (Compliance)
Implementing, reviewing and maintaining data protection related documentation.
Monitoring and reporting on the use of personal data.
About Our Client
For our client, world leader in acquiring non-performing loans (Debt Collection), knowing from unique business model, best practices and innovative solutions, we are looking for person for Data Protection Officer.
- Implementing, reviewing and maintaining all data protection related documentation (including policies, information notices and guidelines) within the business.
- Reviewing data protection provisions within agreements to ensure contractual obligations are appropriate and sufficient.
- Being the subject matter expert on all relevant areas of EU/EEA data protection law and practice.
- Acting as the primary point of contact for all information requests made by individuals or public authorities. This includes maintaining an accurate log of all information requests, considering the appropriate application of any exemptions and ensuring timely responses.
- Carrying out privacy impact assessments where appropriate, and ensuring the requirements of privacy by design are implemented and adhered to.
- Monitoring and reporting on the use of personal data and highlighting any areas of concern.
- Creating and coordinating the delivery of interactive in-house training modules to educate the business on data protection compliance.
- Partnering with the Information Security Officer and internal Audit to ensure the effective implementation, testing and ongoing compliance.
- Partnering with relevant functional areas to manage large data protection projects , including in relation to data retention, breach and incident management.
- Liaising with both internal legal teams and external legal counsel regarding specific data protection issues.
- Advise on data protection compliance requirements and obligations, and monitor compliance with such obligations.
- Maintaining internal records as required by law from time to time.
- Appointing and chairing a Group Privacy Committee which reports to the Executive Team.
The Successful Applicant
- Master Degree (law, economy or relevant)
- At least 5 - years experience on independent position, advising on data protection issues in a large company, group of companies or law firm, preferably in the Financial Services sector.
- Pan European experience as a data protection practitioner/professional.
- Relevant data protection qualification, for example, CIPP/E, CIPM/E.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable data protection laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Fluent English.
- Team player in a European/multinational environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills.
- Results-orientated - commercially astute.
- Can demonstrate expertise in data protection risk management and compliance.
What's on Offer
Our Client offers:
- Work in international environment.
- High possibilities to grow and develop in organization around the world.
- Participating in international projects.
- Attractive salary.
- Benefit package.