Revenue Accounting Senior Manager / Discovery
Discovery is looking for Revenue Accounting Senior Manager
It is going to be a great journey in a very friendly work environment
O naszym kliencie
Discovery is a global leader in the media sector, serving passionate fans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year across deeply loved content genres.
We are currently recruiting for Discovery's Global Business Services (GBS) organization that maintains operations worldwide. The organization is known for its innovative thinking, best practice implementation and customer service. Discovery seeks to unlock financial value for the company through igniting curiosity in all of its team members, encouraging collaboration and constantly transforming
- Prepare, review, analyze, and/or record Revenue Accounting entries to the general ledger (G/L) for month-end closing. This will include recording of revenue, contra revenue, deferred revenue, bad debt reserves, transactions in multiple currencies and complex billing, accounting, and reporting issues.
- Prepare and ensure all documentation for G/L entries meets company policy and SOX compliance and is properly maintained.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations to ensure G/L information is accurate, consistent, traceable, and auditable. Ensure all relevant account reconciliations are prepared and reviewed monthly.
- Assist with internal and external audit work, including coordinating the Revenue Accounting request list and SOX testing with the auditors.
- Apply knowledge of the fundamental tasks in order to continuously recommend and implement process improvements.
- Lead cross department meetings, prepare agendas, schedule meetings, document and track action items. Escalate issues as appropriate. Own issues and drive issue resolution.
- Perform special or routine projects or duties as assigned.
- Effectively and independently manage deadlines and multiple and conflicting priorities.
- Demonstrate full ownership and completion of tasks.
- Lead and direct the work activities of direct reports. Retain high performing staff.
- Work effectively with the billing team and collections team. Help create a culture of open communication and information transparency.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in accounting.
- 4-6 years of accounting and reporting experience.
- Understanding of IFRS and/or US GAAP; understanding of IFRS and/or US GAAP for revenue recognition standards
- Experience with enterprise information systems, SAP a strong plus and preferred.
- Knowledge of media / entertainment industry preferred.
- Superior ability to organize, analyze and concisely present oral and written communication.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, Excel in particular.
- High integrity individual. Critical thinker and extremely detail-oriented.
- Motivated by challenging, high-energy, flexible environment.
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic, ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, able to work well with others.
- Possibility to work in well-know developing company
- Company location near to City Center
- Competitive salary and benefits