Senior Content Accountant
Discovery is looking for Senior Content Accountant
It is going to be a great journey in a very friendly work environment
O naszym kliencie
Discovery is a global leader in the media sector, serving passionate fans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year across deeply loved content genres.
We are currently recruiting for Discovery's Global Business Services (GBS) organization that maintains operations worldwide. The organization is known for its innovative thinking, best practice implementation and customer service. Discovery seeks to unlock financial value for the company through igniting curiosity in all of its team members, encouraging collaboration and constantly transforming
- Position performs and is responsible for various program accounting duties including maintenance of the general ledger, and posting journal entries and monthly accruals.
- Prepare and/or review Balance Sheet reconciliations for programming assets and liabilities and investigation and resolution of any anomalies
- Review and posting of Intercompany transactions and transfers
- Monitor the regional programming financial tracking and ensure any international buy-ins are correctly recharged.
- Set up and maintain program projects and budgets for programming contracts in SAP, as needed.
- Quarterly review of potential programming write-offs and retirements
- Review and sign off of foreign currency transactions
- Assist the Content Manager in providing detailed analysis and commentary for MOM, QTD and YTD amortization variances.
- Demonstrate and maintain high standards of accountability to deliver superior quality financial information on timely basis to Manager/Director.
- Work across divisional lines on a global team to resolve accounting and closing issues and work closely with FP&A/Programming to make required entries and adjustments.
- Oversee analysis of content payables balances ensuring balances are correctly accounted for
- Investigation of any anomalies
- High level review of assets capitalized to ensure all coding and keys are appropriate and correct
- Reporting of accrued contracts to Programming teams and timely investigation of outstanding items
- Reviewing contracts, reviewing cost allocation, and ensure all expense profiles have been set-up correctly in SAP in line with contractual terms and accounting policy.
- Oversee the timely processing of contracts in SAP to ensure payments can be made within contractual terms.
Controls and Procedures
- Continuous improvement and development of processes, controls and reporting.
- Monitor and review control procedures over the purchases of programme rights.
- Support development of systems, tools, and processes to facilitate efficient and accurate analysis.
- Ensure SOX compliance and appropriate administration and documentation for the Global Content Accounting function, including liaison with internal and external auditors.
- Thorough documentation of controls and processes
- Management and development of Programming Accounting Staff
- Ad hoc assignments as required by management.
- 5+ years accounting experience, ideally within a large multinational corporation.
- Proven staff supervision experience.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills particularly with non-Finance personnel.
- Proven ability to build confidence and trust with team members and external business partners.
- Ability to work across multiple concurrent projects under tight deadlines.
- Flexible team player with a strong interest in Television or Media and afirm understanding of accounting/finance.Motivated by a challenging, high-energy environment.
- Proficiency and experience with Excel (intermediate/advanced) and Word, and database applications such as Access and/or web-based databases.
- Good understanding of a range of financial systems, including SAP.
- Solid understanding of financial accounting principles a plus with a strong knowledge of UK/US GAAP and IFRS.
- Newly Qualified accountant or finalist (CIMA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent) preferred.
- Degree educated
- Possibility to work in well-know company
- Good company location near to City Center
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Possibility to develop within Payroll department in new structures