Service Engineer Poland / Europe - packaging machine business
Our client is a leading provider of paper-based packaging solutions
New position in the company / Responsibility for Poland and part of Europe
O naszym kliencie
Our client is a leading provider of paper-based packaging solutions including folding cartons, cups, foodservice packaging, cooking etc.
Our client has 70 facilities worldwide that provide innovative packaging solutions to help their customers stand out and achieve brand loyalty in a competitive and dynamic marketplace. With a product portfolio that emphasizes renewable, recycled, and recyclable materials, they are as committed to their customers and 17,000+ employees as they are to protecting the environment and giving back to the communities where they live and work.
A company extends more than 100 years, as numerous legacy companies have joined forces to create an ever-evolving corporation.
- Conducts top-level troubleshooting, diagnosis and repair of electrical, mechanical and controls related problems on machines installed at customer locations, including overhauls and field upgrades as necessary
- Participates in the development, processing and follow up of specifications during machinery tests, debugging and start up, as well as, during the development and field testing of new carton designs
- Develops and maintains productive working relationships with customers and acts professionally and proactively to resolve equipment, cartons or service-related issues
- As the technical expert, partners with sales and converting manufacturing individuals and teams to resolve customer issues, as well as, support new business opportunities and product development projects
- Applies continuous improvement concepts and techniques to increase equipment productivity. Participates in process improvement and cost reduction initiatives.
- Reports on progress of projects / assignments to all internal and external stakeholders Conducts audits, evaluations and assessment of machine systems / performance results Liaises with other companies / OEM's working on common projects
- Prepares service reports, modified schematics, standard operating procedures and carton specification updates to support field initiatives and changes
- Provides instruction and training to customers' staff on safety, operations, machinery maintenance and proper carton handling procedures
- Maintains skill base necessary and consistent with machinery and carton technology
- Effectively utilizes IT systems (in-house and standard applications)
- Knowledge of packaging or similar equipment is advantageous
- Technical training with graduation or education of industrial or mechanical engineering
- Demonstrated ability to ready electrical, mechanical engineering PLC and operator interface knowledge
- 4 or more years of related experience and/or formal training in equipment maintenance, repair and troubleshooting
- Is a self-starter, has initiative, can effectively work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Develops positive customer relationships through customer-focused mindset, build trust
- Effective communicator, both orally and written, with internal and external customers
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement methods, i.e. Six Sigma methodology
- High level of English proficiency, fluent written and spoken required.
- International travel is required (10% Home Office, 90% Travel)
- Effectively manages time, plans, projects and related tasks
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects.
- Detail-orientated and technically minded
- Full clean driving license
This role is a very unique opportunity to work at a good level and have a direct effect on the success of a growing business. With increased capacity the business is looking to significantly grow over the coming years and this role will form a key component of this growth story. The company is offering an attractive salary package based on skill sets (car is offered).